Terms & Conditions
Find a Gold Crisp Promotion – Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You will be bound by these Terms and Conditions by participating in the McCoy’s Golden Ticket Promotion (“Promotion”). These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
The Promoter takes the protection of your personal data seriously. By entering this Promotion, you confirm that you have read and understood the Promoter’s Transparency Notice and consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with the Transparency Notice
Promoter: KP Snacks Ltd, Fifth Floor, The Urban Building, 3-9 Albert Street, Slough, SL1 2BE
1. This Promotion is open to UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) Isle of Man (IoM) and Channel Island (CI) residents only and excludes employees and the immediate families of KP Snacks Ltd (“the Promoter”), any affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected to the Promotion.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
3. Winners need to have or set up a UK bank account in their own name to receive their Prize.
4. Promotion is open from 00:01 GMT on 17.03.19 (depending on stock distribution) and closes 23:59 BST (GMT +1) on 31.07.2019 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter participants must, during the Promotional Period, purchase a participating promotional pack of McCoy’s Ridge Cut Crisps (47.5g or 70g) or a participating promotional pack of McCoy’s Chip Shop Chips (70g or 130g) and open to see if they have a lucky pack containing a winning Golden Crisp Ticket or a winning Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable). Participating variants are as follows:
McCoy’s Ridge Cut Crisps:
McCoy’s Flame Grilled Steak 47.5g
McCoy’s Salt & Malt Vinegar 47.5g
McCoy’s Cheddar & Onion 47.5g
McCoy’s Sizzling King Prawn 47.5g
McCoy’s Hot Mexican Chilli 47.5g
McCoy’s Paprika 47.5g
McCoy’s Thai Sweet Chicken 47.5g
McCoy’s Salted 47.5g
McCoy’s Flame Grilled Steak 70g
McCoy’s Salt & Malt Vinegar 70g
McCoy’s Cheddar & Onion 70g
McCoy’s Chip Shop Chips:
McCoy’s Curry Sauce 70g
McCoy’s Salt & Vinegar 70g
McCoy’s Sea Salted 130g
McCoy’s Salt & Vinegar 130g
McCoy’s Curry Sauce 130g
Multipacks are NOT included in this promotion.
6. Northern Ireland residents only no purchase necessary: For NI residents only, please e-mail your full name, with confirmation of your permanent genuine e-mail address and your full NI residential address including postcode, in an e-mail headed “NPN McCoy’s Golden Ticket” to arrive no later than 23:59 BST (GMT +1) on 31.07.2019, to GoldenTicketNPN@promotion-communications.com. The name, e-mail address and full NI residential address provided must be correct and clearly genuine. The NPN entry will be entered into the Promotion with the same opportunity of winning as the purchase necessary route. NPN Winners ONLY will be contacted by e-mail in the first instance with details of how to claim the Prize. Non-Winners will not be contacted. A Winner must respond to the notification e-mail within 14 days to claim his or her prize. Max 5 entries per person across the duration of the promotion. Strictly one email address per person will be accepted. Bulk entries or entries sent through trade, consumer groups, agents or third parties will not be accepted and NI addresses may be checked for validation.
7. There are 10 prizes of £10,000 available to be won in total across the McCoy’s promotional range of Ridge Cut Crisps and Chip Shop Chips, although as prizes have been allocated randomly not all pack flavours may have a winning ticket.
8. Entrants will find out instantly if they have won by opening a promotional pack of McCoy’s Ridge Cut Crisps or a promotional pack of McCoy’s Chip Shop Chips and finding a special Golden Crisp Ticket or Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable) inside. If your promotional pack of McCoy’s Ridge Cut Crisps or McCoy’s Chip Shop Chips (as applicable) does not contain a special Golden Crisp Ticket or a special Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable) then unfortunately you haven’t won this time.
9. A total of 10 winning Golden tickets (in the form of Golden Crisp Tickets and/or Golden Chips Tickets) have been inserted into randomly selected promotional packs of McCoy’s Ridge Cut Crisps and/or McCoy’s Chip Shop Chips. This independently verified process may mean that some product variant types or sizes do not include a winning Golden Crisp Ticket or a winning Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable) at all.
10. All 10 Prizes are available to be won.
Claiming Your Prize
11. Golden Crisp Tickets or Golden Chip Tickets (as applicable) will contain details of how to claim your prize.
12. You must redeem your claim by 31.08.2019.
13. If a Golden Crisp Ticket or a Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable) is found in pack, to claim the prize the entrant must retain their original Golden Crisp Ticket or Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable) and the Golden Crisp or Golden Chip (as applicable), plus the original McCoy’s winning pack, and contact the Promoter using the details provided on the Golden Crisp Ticket or the Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable) to receive a claim reference number and next step instructions. After successful contact with the Promoter, claimants will receive a special recorded delivery envelope and claim documentation in the post within 5 working days of initial contact. Winners must complete and sign the claim documentation and return it in the special recorded delivery envelope provided with their original Golden Crisp Ticket or Golden Chip Ticket, the Golden Crisp or Golden Chip and original winning pack of McCoy’s via recorded delivery mail to the specified postal address on the special recorded delivery envelope, for validation. Do not send your original Golden Crisp Ticket or Golden Chip Ticket, Golden Crisp or Golden Chip and winning McCoy’s pack in to the Promoter unless and until you have been authorised or by using any other method as this will invalidate your win.
14. Photocopies will not be accepted and the Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any Golden Crisp Ticket or Golden Chip Ticket found on receipt to be damaged or defaced so that claim verification is not possible.
15. Winners should take a photocopy or photo of the Golden Crisp Ticket or the Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable) on both sides, together with the Golden Crisp or Golden Chip (as applicable) and the winning McCoy’s pack and retain their claim reference number for their own reference.
16. Following successful verification of the claim, the Prize will be transferred into a UK bank account or building society account in the name of the winner within 21 working days. If the winner does not have a bank or building society account, one can be set up by them (with suitable administration documentation and identity details of the winner), even on a temporary basis, so the promoter can transfer the money.
17. Prizes are as specified and the winner is not permitted to transfer the right to take up a prize to anyone else.
18. Claims will be subject to a full verification process by an independent third party. The Promoter shall be entitled to disregard any invalid, incomplete, unsubstantiated or fraudulent claims and to disqualify the entrant from the Promotion.
19. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Responsibility cannot be accepted by the Promoter for any Golden Crisp Ticket or Golden Chip Ticket, Golden Crisp or Golden Chip, winning McCoy’s pack, or claim documentation that is lost, damaged, mislaid or delayed, nor any associated costs to entrants.
20. Complete signed claim documentation, the winning Golden Crisp Ticket or Golden Chip Ticket, the Golden Crisp or Golden Chip and the winning McCoy’s pack must all be received by the Promoter within 28 days of the winner contacting the Promoter in accordance with the claim instructions on the winning Golden Crisp Ticket or the winning Golden Chip Ticket (as applicable) and being notified of his or her claim reference number.
21. Keep your Golden Crisp Ticket or Golden Chip Ticket, Golden Crisp or Golden Chip and your winning McCoy’s pack as they will be required to validate a win.
22. In the event of circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, or in cases of fraud, abuse and/or error (human or computer) that affect or could affect the proper operation of the Promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only when the circumstances are that this is unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimize the impact on the participant in order to avoid undue disappointment.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct audits on all entries and winners and to refuse a prize, to withdraw an award or refuse further participation in the Promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a violation of these Terms and Conditions or any instruction regarding the requirements for participation in the Promotion or in the event that a participant would have had an unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or would have won by fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter for all decisions, which are final and binding. The Promoter will not respond to any correspondence.
Conduct of Entry
24. Entrants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in any manner the Promoter reasonably considers to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions.
25. By taking part in the Promotion, entrants acknowledge that they may be asked by the Promoter to take part in relevant publicity without further payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, using an entrant’s name and, if relevant, their image and any statements made by them concerning the Promotion and the prizes won as part of the Promotion. The Promoter will not use an entrant’s personal data for publicity purposes without the entrant’s consent. This does not prevent the Promoter from disclosing winners’ full names and counties of residence in accordance with paragraph 27 of these Terms and Conditions.
26. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into regarding winner selection.
27. Details of the winners’ full names and counties will be available by emailing McCoysGoldenTicket@promotion-communications.com within 3 months of the Promotion closing.
28. This Promotion is governed by English Law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied by entrants for the administration of the Promotion and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent to use your personal details for publicity purposes (in accordance with paragraph 25 of these Terms and Conditions) or you have opted-in to receive future marketing communications. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and will be processed in accordance with the Promoter’s Transparency Notice. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms & Conditions of website use
Other applicable terms
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We also may impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of or all of our site without notice or liability.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material and content published on it including, but not limited to, text, images, web pages, sounds, software (including code, interface, and website structure), and video, and the look and feel, design, and compilation thereof. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Except as expressly authorised by law, by us, or by the applicable licensor in writing, you are not entitled to reproduce, transmit, license, sell, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share, or otherwise make available to any person, or to create derivative works of, any or all of the materials or content available on our site, or to use it for commercial purposes.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it (or on any site(s) “hot-linked” to it), whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site / Unsolicited ideas
Unless specifically requested, we do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential, secret, or proprietary information or other material from you through our site, by email or in any other way.
Any content you upload to our site that has not expressly been requested by us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that any information or materials you submit to our site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, in any format (including, but not limited to, writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings), may be used, reproduced and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. You also warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been irrevocably waived by the appropriate authors. WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH MATERIALS BY US TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This paragraph does not affect any rights you may have under data privacy laws that protect your personal information or similar privacy laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be waived or excluded.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site in our entire discretion and for any reason whatsoever.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The display of linked content or the provision of links to third party sites does not constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such linked content, third party sites, or products, advertising, or other materials presented on such sites. You acknowledge and agree that we have no control or responsibility over the contents of such third party sites or resources are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss, or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on such third party sites, or for any action taken by the owners of such third party sites.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including legal fees), made against us by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of our site.
To contact us, please visit www.kpsnacks.com/contact/contact-us.