Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms & Conditions of website use
Other applicable terms
Information about us
www.mccoys.co.uk is a site operated by KP Snacks Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8314505 and have our registered office at 5th Floor, The Urban Building, 3-9 Albert Street, Slough, SL1 2BE
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We also may impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of or all of our site without notice or liability.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material and content published on it including, but not limited to, text, images, web pages, sounds, software (including code, interface, and website structure), and video, and the look and feel, design, and compilation thereof. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Except as expressly authorised by law, by us, or by the applicable licensor in writing, you are not entitled to reproduce, transmit, license, sell, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share, or otherwise make available to any person, or to create derivative works of, any or all of the materials or content available on our site, or to use it for commercial purposes.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it (or on any site(s) “hot-linked” to it), whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site / Unsolicited ideas
Unless specifically requested, we do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential, secret, or proprietary information or other material from you through our site, by email or in any other way.
Any content you upload to our site that has not expressly been requested by us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that any information or materials you submit to our site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, in any format (including, but not limited to, writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings), may be used, reproduced and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. You also warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been irrevocably waived by the appropriate authors. WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH MATERIALS BY US TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This paragraph does not affect any rights you may have under data privacy laws that protect your personal information or similar privacy laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be waived or excluded.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site in our entire discretion and for any reason whatsoever.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The display of linked content or the provision of links to third party sites does not constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such linked content, third party sites, or products, advertising, or other materials presented on such sites. You acknowledge and agree that we have no control or responsibility over the contents of such third party sites or resources are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss, or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on such third party sites, or for any action taken by the owners of such third party sites.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including legal fees), made against us by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of our site.
To contact us, please visit www.kpsnacks.com/contact/.
McCoy’s Fire Pit Instagram Competition T&C’s 14.02.2021-14.03.2021
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and an active Instagram account are required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 08.00 GMT on 14th February 2021 and 23.59 GMT on 14th March 2021 inclusive.
4. To Enter:
a) Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @Mccoys_Official and then comment underneath their Instagram Promotional Post your response to the caption, tagging a friend and including the hashtags #McCoysFirePit and #FindANewFlame.
b) Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @Mccoys_Official and upload a picture of your boring lunch to your Instagram grid feed and include the hashtags #McCoysFirePit and #FindANewFlame.
5. Extra Entry: Once you have completed one of the entry methods in Clause 4, for an extra entry, post your boring lunch image, or @mccoys_official Promotional Post, on to your Instagram Story, using the hashtags #McCoysFirePit and #FindANewFlame. Your Instagram account must be on a public setting to enter via this method.
6. You must be following @Mccoys_Official to enter.
7. Maximum of 1 entry permitted per person during the Promotion Period through the methods outlined in Clause 4. The first of these entries must be one of the necessary methods outlined in Clause 4. Having done that, only then can you submit an extra entry via the method outlined in Clause 5.
8. The Prizes: There will be a total of 22 x winners.
a) Grand Prize: One winner will receive 1 x virtual cook-along personal chef experience with popular Instagram chef @Ollie_Eats for the winner and up to 3 x guests. (Guests must be aged 18+). They will also receive 1x multipack of each flavour from the new McCoy’s Fire Pit range consisting of; 5 x packs Flame Roasted Peri Peri, 5 x packs of Flame Smoked Chorizo and 5 x packs of Flame Scorched BBQ Ribs.
b) Secondary Prize: One winner will receive 1 x Fire Pit Kit worth up to £100. They will also receive 1x multipack of each flavour from the new McCoy’s Fire Pit range consisting of; 5 x packs Flame Roasted Peri Peri, 5 x packs of Flame Smoked Chorizo and 5 x packs of Flame Scorched BBQ Ribs.
c) Runner Up Prizes: 20 winners will each win 1x multipack of each flavour from the new McCoy’s Fire Pit range consisting of; 5 x packs Flame Roasted Peri Peri, 5 x packs of Flame Smoked Chorizo and 5 x packs of Flame Scorched BBQ Ribs.
9. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The McCoy’s Fire Pit Kit will consist of; a fire pit, fire extinguisher, charcoal, coal tongs, heat resistant gloves and one multi pack of each McCoy’s Fire Pit flavours; Flame Roasted Peri Peri, Flame Smoked Chorizo and Flame Scorched BBQ Ribs.
b. The Grand Prize winner will be sent an ingredient pack which will include all the ingredients they will need for their virtual cook-along.
c. The Grand Prize cook-along will take place within 3 months of Prize Acceptance.
d. The winner must inform the Promoter of any dietary requirements or allergens during the Winner Notification process.
e. The Grand Prize does not include any devices on which the virtual cook along can be made, or internet service provider costs (or any mobile network data costs), or any other costs or expenses which are not specified in these terms and conditions.
f. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any technology problems associated with the Prize, including but not limited to connection issues or video/audio quality issues. In the event there are any such issues no replacement time or video call shall be made available.
10. Winner Selection: 22 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
11. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via the social media account used to enter within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
12. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
13. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
14. Provided no objection is received, if you are a winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by email request to email@example.com one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by 4 weeks. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
15. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prizes not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
16. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
17. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Instagram.
18. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram, and that Instagram has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
19. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
20. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
21. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
22. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
24. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
25. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
26. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
27. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: KP Snacks, Slough – Head Office, 5th Floor, The Urban Building, 3-9 Albert Street, Slough, SL1 2BE
© Copyright PromoVeritas Ltd 2021. All rights reserved.